Pages

.

Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken

I use my slow cooker all year round. I love it in the summer because it doesn't heat up my kitchen while cooking and I love it the rest of the year because it is such a time saver. My friend has 9 children with one on the way and she doesn't have a slow cooker. I cannot even grasp that concept. How does she survive without one?! 
Crazy, is what it is. 
Make this Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken today. It only takes 3-4 hours so you can start it later in the afternoon and be ready for dinner. Sometimes I forget to start a meal in my slow cooker in the morning and then it's too late because a lot of meals take longer to cook. Not this one. Winner, winner chicken dinner. I had to say it.


Ingredients
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast or 12 chicken tenders
1/4 C. flour
1/4 C. butter
1 packet Italian Dressing mix, dry
1/2 C. fresh lemon juice or 1/4 C. concentrated lemon juice
1/2 C. chicken broth or 1/2 C. water plus 1 chicken bouillon cube

Directions
  • If using chicken breasts, cut into thirds lengthwise; coat chicken in flour.
  • Heat 2 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet; cook half of the chicken on each side 3 minutes to brown. Don't cook through as they will cook in the slow cooker.
  • Remove chicken and place in the slow cooker; cook other half of the chicken in the remaining 2 Tbsp. butter.
  • Place chicken in slow cooker.
  • Sprinkle chicken with Italian Dressing mix, lemon juice and chicken broth. 
  • Cover with lid and cook on low 3-4 hours.
  • Serve over rice with juices.


No comments:

Post a Comment