Pages

.

Jalepeno Popper Pull-Aparts



I never used to like Jalapenos until I met my husband. He loves spicy food. The spicier the better. Even though I have a Hispanic background, I am a wimp when it comes to spicy food. I love Mexican food, but in a mild form. Now I love jalapenos. And I really love Jalapeno Poppers. So this Pull-Apart version is perfect. The bread helps tame the spicy jalapenos. My husband inspected one and asked how I got the filling inside since there were no holes or seams showing. I just said that I am magic. He then rolled his eyes and popped it in his mouth. We're cool like that.


Ingredients
1 can crescent rolls or crescent sheet
1/4 C. cream cheese
12 jalapeno slices
1/4 C. shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 C. cornmeal
2Tbsp. butter, melted

Directions
  • Open rolls or crescent sheet and unroll. If using rolls, do not separate into triangles; press seams together.
  • Using a pizza cutter, cut into 12 squares.
  • Place 1 tsp. cream cheese and 1 jalapeno slice onto each square.
  • Bring corners together and pinch to seal. 
  • Roll in cornmeal and place seam side down in a greased loaf pan.
  • Pour melted butter over rolls and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until golden.
  • Sprinkle cheese over rolls and bake 1 minute until melted.
  • Remove from oven and serve.
Note: You can double this and bake it in a 8x8 or 9x9 dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment