Pages

.

French Bread Pizza

I don't like taking photos of food for my blog when other grown-ups are around. They usually don't get it. Even my husband. He's all, "How many pictures do you need to take?" I mean I was only on my 7th picture or something. He doesn't get that you gotta have lots to choose from in case some don't turn out. Other grown-ups just don't get it at all. "Why is she taking pictures of food?" Sigh.
 It's funny when I am taking photos and my kids' friends are over. The friends watch me with odd curiosity. Once my kids notice their friends faces they just say, "She had a food blog" like it's totally normal to take pictures of your food before you eat it. The friends are all like "Oh, ok" even though they still have no idea what's going on. 
I like it. But not with grown-ups. It just feels awkward.

Anyway. Pizza.

It's delicious to make yourself, but sometimes, I get impatient waiting for the dough to raise. This French Bread version is suuuuper easy and suuuuper fast. I made it and then the next day The Pioneer Woman made it on her cooking show. My kids were like, "Hey. She stole your idea, Mom!" It was funny. 


Ingredients
1 load of French Bread, cut vertically in half
1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste*
6 oz. water (just fill up the tomato paste can)
1 Tbsp. sugar or honey
3/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
Pizza toppings of your choice
2 C. shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions
  • Mix together the tomato paste, water, garlic bread seasoning, sugar, onion powder and pepper flakes.
  • Place bread halves on a cookie sheet.
  • Spread pizza sauce on each half of the bread.
  • Sprinkle 1 C. cheese on each half of the bread.
  • Add toppings of your choice.
  • Bake at 350 for 15 minutes until sauce is warm and cheese is melted.
  • *Note: Sometimes when I'm lazy I use Italian tomato paste and skip the other ingredients,except the 3 Tbsp. garlic bread seasoning. Don't leave that out!


No comments:

Post a Comment