Pages

.

White Chicken Chili {in broth}



I have seen recipes for White Chicken Chili floating around and I have a confession. I have never eaten White Chicken Chili. I have wanted to, but just never got around to making it. I told myself this year I would do it. And I did. Only it's not the regular creamy version. It's a broth version and I loved it. It reminded me of Taco Soup. I loved it topped with plain greek yogurt and shredded cheddar cheese. Then I crunched up some tortilla chips and stuck those in, too. I love that my family loved it, too.




Printable Version

Ingredients
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped or 1 tsp. minced garlic
3 Tbsp. olive oil
6 C. chicken broth
3 (15 oz.) cans Great Northern beans, drained
2 C. cooked chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
4 oz. can diced green chiles
1 tsp. ground cumin
salt and pepper to taste
Garnish: sour cream or plain yogurt, shredded cheddar cheese

Directions
  • In a large pot over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until tender. 
  • Stir in remaining ingredients except garnish.
  • Bring to a low boil, stirring frequently.
  • Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  • Top each bowl with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of cheese. 
  • You can also crush some tortilla chips and stir those in, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment