Pages

.

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread



My mom called me the other day and asked if I had a recipe for Zucchini Bread on my blog. I blinked a blank stare as I realized that I did not. Whaaat? How was that possible? I love zucchini and am always posting about different ways you can use it. I love this bread and can't believe I haven't shared it with you! So here I am, correcting a very wrong injustice. I always peel my zucchini when baking with it. That way my kids won't freak out about that green stuff in their food {which is weird since they love green smoothies}. You would never know there is any zucchini in this bread. It tastes like a spice bread. And it is oh so moist. 


Printable Version

Ingredients
3 C. shredded zucchini
1 2/3 C. sugar
2/3 C. oil
2 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs
3 C. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 C. brown sugar
1 C. chocolate chips

Directions

  • Heat oven to 350 degrees; Grease two loaf pans. 
  • Mix zucchini, sugar, oil and eggs in a large bowl.
  • Stir in flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and baking powder.
  • Pour into pans.
  • Sprinkle half of the chocolate chips and half of the brown sugar on top of each batter.
  • Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until done. 
  • Cool 10 minutes and then loosen sides of loaves from pan and turn over onto wire rack. 
  • Cool completely before slicing.




No comments:

Post a Comment