Pages

.

Guest Blogger: Speedo's Army

Today I have my friend Julie from high school guest blogging. She offered to help out back in December when I was getting my kitchen redone. I'm finally getting her recipe out to you all. Take it away, Miss Julie!

Hey!  I'm Julie.  I'm just a regular ol' blogger.  I just blog for fun over at Speedo's Army.  I don't really have a theme to my blog other than to report our fun life events. 
 
Us

I was able to go to high school with Mandy and associate with her there.  She's so sweet!  Plus, I've been a lucky winner of some of her giveaways too.  So, when she said she needed some help with guest posts.  I thought I'd step up.  Only, it took me a while to do it.  Sorry again, Mandy!
 
Anyway, I thought of a little different spin on banana bread and thought I'd share it.
 
I love to bake! And lately I've been on one serious cinnamon kick. I want it on everything.  Cereal? Sure! Toast? Yes, Please!  French Fries?  Bring it!  So, when I had some not so pretty banana's out on the counter top, I figured I'd make me some banana bread.  But, wait!  Wouldn't banana bread be so much better with cinnamon?  Of course it would!  So, I tweakedthe recipe a bit.
 
Have you ever noticed that a loaf of bread tends to only be eaten for a few days and then gets all dried out and no one wants anything to do with it?  Or at my house, it means my family doesn't know how to properly cover the loaf back up after taking a slice. :)  So, I thought hey, muffins are an easy, fun, and more convenient way of making that problem disappear.  Plus, it cuts your baking time in at least 1/2 with muffins.  Aaaaannndd, muffins somehow seem to scream "MOM'S BAKING IS THE BEST!" to my little ones. So, I tend to lean toward being the hero and go with the muffins.  :)
 
Cinnamon Banana Bread Muffins
recipe source: Simply Recipes



3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
My tweak:  I added 1 Tbsp. of Cinnamon

No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt and cinnamon over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. 


MY TWEAK: Instead of a greased pan, I sprayed our cupcake/muffin pan with some PAM and filled them up about 3/4ths full. 


 I let them bake for about 20-22 minutes. 


 Happy Baking!  
Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment