Pages

.

Applebee's Oriental Chicken Salad {Totally Tasty Tuesdays}




I crave this salad. All the time. I actually made my husband take me out to eat at Applebee's just so I could have this salad. We live an hour away from the nearest Applebee's. What a good sport. But I decided to find a recipe to it so I could have it whenever I wanted and also save money. I did it! I found it on Top Secret Recipes and it tastes exactly like the real thing. Trust me. I am a bit of a food snob so I know my stuff. I hope I've made one of you just as ecstatic as I now am. This makes enough dressing for 3-4 people. Simply adjust the salad and chicken amount to fit your needs. I like to make the dressing and keep it in the fridge and use it on individual salads.


Oriental Dressing
3 Tbsp. honey
1 1/2 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar (the white one)
1/4 c. Mayonnaise
1 tsp. Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
1/8 tsp. Sesame oil

Blend together all ingredients in a small bowl with a whisk or mixer. Refrigerate while you work on the salad.

Salad
2 pieces of Tyson's Crispy Chicken Strips
bagged salad with romaine lettuce, carrots, and cabbage
bagged coleslaw cabbage
1 Tbsp. sliced almonds
1/4 c. Chow Mein noodles

Bake the chicken strips according to the package directions. At the last few minutes, add the almonds on the pan that the chicken is on so they can get toasted. Remove and cool. Cut up the chicken.
Mix together some of each of the lettuce and coleslaw. Top with cut up chicken, almonds & noodles. Drizzle the dressing on top. 


Photobucket




No comments:

Post a Comment