Pages

.

Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich



Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches. One of the best sandwiches out there. I've never had a "real" Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich, since I've never been to Philadelphia. But if they are at least as good as these, I'll be fine with never making my way to Philly. 
Last week I shared Philly Cheese Steak Egg Rolls. These sandwiches are even better. Thanks to Miss Holly for her scrumptious recipes, I found another winner in these sandwiches.
The best part is that you can adapt them to your tastes. I don't like bell peppers, so I left them out. I think I will try adding mushrooms and roasted Anaheim peppers next time along with the onions.
I love these on a busy weeknight. Now that school is back in session, these come together so fast that I have time to help the kids with homework and all the other things they need.
P.S. Emma (3) says, "Where's my kids?" a lot these days. She calls Hannah and Preston her kids. I love it.


1 lb Sirloin Steak OR 1 lb frozen Philly Steak meat
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Green or Red Bell pepper, sliced
1 small Yellow Onion, sliced into rings
Season Salt, to taste
Ground Black Pepper, to taste
4 Tablespoons Cream Cheese, softened
4 slices White American or Provolone Cheese
4 Hoagie Rolls




 In a large skillet on medium heat, add 1 Tablespoon of butter and add the onion and bell pepper. Saute until softened. About 5-10 minutes.
 Add your meat and cook for 2-3 minutes per side (if using frozen meat, otherwise until done). Once each side is brown, start to chop it up with your spatula. You want small bite size pieces. Sprinkle with season salt and pepper to taste.



I found these at Walmart in the frozen bins, not the stand up freezers. Perfect in this sandwich!

Place each hoagie bun half on a cookie sheet. Top bottom halves of hoagie buns with a quarter of meat mixture. Top each with one slice of cheese. Place under the broiler until cheese has melted, and the buns are slightly toasted. *Stand by your oven the whole time to watch the cheese melt. It melts fast!*
Remove sandwiches from oven and spread 1 Tablespoon of cream cheese on top half of bun. Close sandwiches and serve immediately.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment