Pages

.

Raspberry Pretzel Salad {Totally Tasty Tuesdays}



I really don't know why Jello stuff like this is called a salad, but alas, there we are. It's more of a dessert in my book. I love love love this treat. You can make it with strawberry or blueberry jello and berries as well. Oh I need to make the blueberry version. That is my favorite fruit. The first time I ever ate this was at a family party on my husband's side. Changed my life. Well, maybe not, but it sure enhanced it. This never has leftovers when it is served at a potluck dinner. The salty-ness of the pretzels goes perfectly with the rest of the "salad".


2 1/2 C pretzels, crushed
3/4 C butter, melted
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
1  8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1 C sugar
1  8 oz container cool whip
1  6 oz package raspberry jello
2 C boiling water
3 C frozen raspberries

Mix together the pretzels, brown sugar, and melted butter. Press into a 9x13 dish.
Bake at 400 degrees 13 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
Beat the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. About 4 minutes. Add the cool whip and mix another minute. 
Heat the water in the microwave until boiling. Stir in the Jello until dissolved. Put in the fridge and let it get a thick. Add the berries and let it set some more, but not completely. 
Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust. Top with the Jello. Cover and chill about 3-4 hours until set.




Photobucket
I linked this to Foodie Friday, Frugal Girls




No comments:

Post a Comment