Pages

.

Baked Risotto with Asparagus & Spinach


I've never eaten risotto. I've never made risotto. Until I saw this dish. I knew I needed to try it. I like asparagus and I like spinach. Together in this risotto, it's pretty tasty. You could substitute broccoli if you aren't fond of asparagus. I think you may like it.



1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 c. finely chopped onion
1 c. Arborio (risotto) rice
8 c. (8-10 oz.) spinach leaves, torn to pieces
2 c. chicken broth
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
1 1/2 c. sliced asparagus

Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook & stir 4 minutes until tender. Add rice; stir to coat with oil. Stir in spinach a handful at a time, adding more as it wilts. Add broth, salt, & nutmeg. Reduce heat and simmer 7 minutes. Stir in 1/4 c. cheese. Put in a 9x13 baking dish, sprayed with cooking spray. Cover and bake 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir in asparagus; sprinkle with the rest of cheese. Cover and bake 15 minutes more or until liquid is absorbed.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment