Pages

.

Cafe Rio Chicken


I recently ate at Costa Vida for the first time and fell in love with their Sweet Pork Salad. Then my sister-in-law told me about Cafe Rio and how good their food is. I came across this recipe from my BBF (Best Blogger Friend-yes it's such a thing, or it is now!) Holly's blog and it's so good! We ate it taco style, but you could do it as a salad as well. The most wonderful part is that it's cooked in a slow cooker. Those recipes always make me happy.



2 lbs chicken breasts
1 C. Zesty Italian dressing
1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 pkt ranch dressing mix (mixed with 1/2 cup of water)*
1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
1/2 Tbsp. ground cumin

Place all ingredients in a crock pot. Cook on High 5-6 hours OR on Low 8 hours. Shred with fork and serve in salads, burritos, tacos...etc. You can also double or triple this to make extras for freezing. Then simply thaw and reheat for a lickity split meal.

*Or you could use 3 Tbsp. of the bulk Ranch dressing mix from Costco or Sam's Club.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment