Pages

.

Oatmeal S'mores Cookies {Totally Tasty Tuesdays}


I love recipes containing S'mores ingredients. Like this fudge. I have more recipes coming that contain these fabulous ingredients. Let's talk about these cookies. While there aren't any graham crackers in them, the oats make your mouth think there are. I love marshmallows in cookies. It just makes me happy. I figured this out after I made these but, you don't add the marshmallows until a few minutes into baking. Mine were added in the batter and once baked, melted away. Good to know for next time.

Note: I've changed the marshmallows in these cookies. Keep reading to see what I did...



1/2 c. soft butter
1/2 c. shortening
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla 
2 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. oats
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 c. mini marshmallows (or marshmallow bits*)

In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, shortening, and sugars. Add the eggs. Beat in the vanilla. Add flour, salt, baking soda, oats and chocolate chips. Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes. Push some marshmallows into each cookie and continue baking 2-5 more minutes until done.

*Here are the marshmallow bits I used the second time around:


Yep! The kind used in hot cocoa mixes! Genius.


 Let them sit for a minute before removing to a wire rack.





Photobucket




No comments:

Post a Comment