Pages

.

Sweet and Sour Chicken




My friends, let me tell you something:
I love Chinese food.
It's my favorite food.
Ever.
So with that said, I can now live in the middle of nowhere absolutely comfortably.
Because I can make Sweet and Sour Chicken in my own kitchen. 
Anytime I want.
And this version tastes just like it was made in a Chinese restaurant.
Also, I love a girl named Holly for putting this recipe on her blog for me. 
I know it was just for me. 


 Chicken
3-4 boneless chicken breasts
salt & pepper
1 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup canola oil

Sweet & Sour Sauce
3/4 cup sugar
4 tbs ketchup
1/2 cup vinegar
1 tbs soy sauce
1 tsp garlic salt

How You Do It
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Rinse your chicken breasts in water and then cut into cubes. I like my chicken partially frozen when cutting. It makes it easier. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Dip chicken into the cornstarch to coat then dip into the eggs.  Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet and cook your chicken until browned but not cooked through. Place the chicken in a 9x13 greased baking dish. Mix all of your sweet and sour sauce ingredients in a bowl with a whisk and then pour evenly over the chicken. Bake for one hour and during the baking process you will need to turn the chicken every 15 minutes.


  I can't get over how it tastes like it came from a Chinese restaurant.



Photobucket
This may have been linked to these parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment