Pages

.

Orange Chicken For Dummies


 
Lance works in Wyoming during the cold season. 
He's home maybe 2 or 3 days and then he's gone about 2 weeks. Or longer.
Which stinks.
His family is nearby, which helps. Lance's brother and his wife live right behind us and always help out when needed.
Like when my bath tub drain lever breaks off.
Or my pipes under the bathroom sink leak and need fixin'.
Or when my smoke alarm chirps and even though I've removed the batteries and pushed the button and such to  hush it up, it still chirps. I felt like Phoebe in Friends when the same thing happens and she finally destroys it and it still chirps. Even my brother-in-law couldn't quiet it so we stuck it in the SUV till morning and it could be handled better.
So Lance called me and needed some easy meals that he could prepare out there all by his self. {Proud moment here}
Apparently you can only eat so many t.v. dinners when your  fabulous and lovely wife isn't there to cook for you.
Huh. Who knew?
So my sister-in-law suggested this recipe.
I fell in love with it and made it the next day for myself.


Ingredients:
1 envelope (1 oz.) onion soup mix
1 c. apricot preserves
1c. Catalina salad dressing
2-3 lbs Chicken tenders

Place all in a slow cooker and stir to coat the chicken. Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 4-5 hours.
You can also put it in a 9x13 baking dish and bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
Serve over rice.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment