Pages

.

Guest Blogger: Chef in Training

My countertops were installed yesterday! (or 83 exclamation points)
I am so excited! As soon as I get it all put to rights, I will post some before and after pics for you all. Today I have an amazing gal visiting us. She's got some drool-worthy recipes on her site and I hope you all give her a happy welcome...

My name is Nikki and I am the face behind Chef in Training.  I am so excited to be here at Mandy's Recipe Box!  I have come to know Mandy a little bit better through the blogging world and I just think she is awesome!  She did a guest post a few months ago on my blog when I had my baby boy so I am happy and honored to be returning the favor!  I adore her blog!  Doesn't she seriously have some of the best recipes?!



Here is just a little bit about me.  I am married to the love of my life and have two very beautiful kids, one boy and one girl.  My family is my whole world.  I am a stay at home mom who has discovered a love for cooking and baking.  The kitchen is one of my favorite places to be!  Besides cooking and baking, some other hobbies of mine include sports, crafting, and having fun with my family.  I come from a long line of fabulous cooks and bakers and my goal to to become one myself.  My blog is a place to store some of my favorite recipes and share them with you!




Now that I have showed off my cute kiddos, I am going to share recipe that is both simple and delicious.  Aren't those the best kind?  This recipe is one that comes from my grandma's cookbook that she gives each grandchild when they graduate high school.  I have had mine for quite a few years now and am slowly picking out my favorites.  This happens to be one of them.  Everytime I have made this for a party or an event with a lot of people, everyone always asks for this recipe.  It looks and tastes like you put in a lot of work, but believe me when I tell you it whips up SO quick!

It only has 3 ingredients with an optional 4th ingredient!  It doesn't get easier than that!





ICE CREAM SANDWICH CAKE

  • approximately 22-24 ice cream sandwiches
  • 1 pint of butterscotch caramel ice cream topping
  • 12 oz. cool whip
  • slivered almonds (optional)

Unwrap and line bottom of 9" x 13" pan with approximately 11-12 ice cream sandwiches.  Trim to make layer smooth and even.  Spoon on and spread about 1/2 pint of butterscotch caramel ice cream topping.  Spoon on and spread half of the cool whip.  Repeat layers of ice cream sandwiches, butterscotch caramel topping, and cool whip.  Sprinkle top with slivered almonds.  Freeze until serving.

Enjoy!

Thanks Mandy for letting me be here!

Feel free to come visit me at Chef in Training and say Hello!
I also host a link party every Tuesday, "Tuesday Talent Show" so be sure and come link up!
Hope to see you soon!


-Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment