Pages

.

Guest Blogger: Fantastical Sharing of Recipes


Most of you know that I'm getting new kitchen cabinets and counter tops (eeeee!). That means my kitchen is a 
dysfunctional mess. That also means I won't be doing much cooking. My poor family will be stuck with Schwan's food and whatever else I can figure out that won't require much prep work. I will be using my slow cooker if it's a dump-it-in kinda recipe. So I will be having some guest bloggers to help me out. Like today. Take it away, Sarah!

Hi everyone! I'm Sarah from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes. I'm a 23 year old mom of two (Matthew, 4, and Cambria, 3) and army wife to my high school sweetheart. We are currently stationed in Fort Drum, NY (awful!), but hail from Knoxville, TN. My favorite things in life other than my family and friends: recipes, chocolate, jalapenos, animals (especially otters and big cats), vampires, Lady Gaga, reading, crocheting, dying my hair, road trips, MN Vikings and laughing!

This is my very first guest post and Mandy's blog could not have been a more perfect blog to guest post at! I am constantly drooling over everything she posts - my poor computer! I started food blogging a little over a year ago after much push and shove from my friends to share recipes. I've always loved to cook and share recipes. There is something so old-fashioned about sharing recipes and I love the memories and stories each recipe holds. My family rarely eats out and I am pretty consistent with meal planning with a variety of foods. With my planning, I've managed to not repeat recipes very often unless they are a family favorite. I host a weekly link up called Twisted Thursday to let readers take a turn and share their favorite recipes and I also do a weekly round up of recipes I've found called Sunday Social.

Today I decided to share a really amazing recipe from Baked Bree. As I mentioned, chocolate is one of my favorite things in life. Most of the recipes in my arsenal contain chocolate. These cookies are so delicious! I had to restrain myself from eating the cookie dough by reminding myself Sal Monella would come after me if I did. You know, Sal Monella, that mobster guy who knows when you eat raw eggs!?

Hot Chocolate Cookies with Marshmallows
Adapted from Baked Bree


What you need:
  • 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2/3 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 3 1/4 cups flour
  • 1/3 cup hot chocolate mix (a little more than one packet)
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 cups mini marshmallows
Directions:

1. Cream together butter and sugars until fluffy.


2. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.


3. Mix together your dry ingredients (minus the marshmallows) in a separate bowl and then add into the wet ingredients. Mix well.


4. Drop dough by the teaspoon onto a greased cookie sheet or one lined with parchment paper (which I prefer).
5. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 10 minutes or so. They should be just a little firm.
6. Remove cookies from oven and immediately top with marshmallows. Let them stand on the sheet for a few minutes and then remove to a wire rack.


Enjoy! My husband was dipping his in a big ole glass of milk.

Photobucket

Thanks, Sarah! Be sure to go visit her and see the other tasty recipes she has.


No comments:

Post a Comment