Pages

.

Paula Deen's Old Fashioned Meat Loaf

Meat Loaf, Meat Loaf, Double Double Beet Loaf. I hate Meat Loaf. That's according to Randy on Christmas Story, not me. I double love me some meat loaf. Especially the next day as a meat loaf sandwich for lunch. I just take some bread and spread Miracle Whip on both sides, then place some warmed meat loaf on one side topped with Heinz 57. Completely happy. I came across Paula Deen's version in one of her cookbooks and it's awful good. Try the sandwich. I'm serious. Do it.


Paula Deen's Old Fashioned Meat Loaf
1 lb. ground beef
6 oz. can Tomato Paste
1 chopped onion
1/2 c. oats
1 egg
1 tsp. salt
Mix all together in a bowl and put into a loaf pan.

Topping
1/3 c. ketchup
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. mustard
Mix together and spread over the meat. Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 40-60 minutes until done. Remove cover the last 15 minutes.


I linked this to Gooseberry Patch.

No comments:

Post a Comment