Pages

.

Softest Cinnamon Rolls


I have been in search of the perfect cinnamon roll recipe since I've been married. It took me a long time to even attempt making them. Whenever I made any recipe I tried, they came out firm and tasting like they were stale, even fresh from the oven. I sort of gave up. Then I found this recipe for Potato Rolls and knew the second I bit into one that this was going to change things. Big time! And it did. I found the perfect cinnamon roll base, you guys! They are so soft and fluffy and perfect. I am not kidding. These are perfect. Then I used my favorite frosting ever that I put on this Banana Cake. The two go so well together that they got married. It was beautiful.

And they are so easy. Do not be afraid to try these. I know bread making came be scary, but this dough is so forgiving that you can't really mess it up. I thought I had the first time I made the Potato Rolls, but they came out amazingly. Please give these a try!
This recipe is a part of a series called Summer Baking with Chinet. Chinet makes it easy to share food, if you are into that sort of thing. Wouldn't these cinnamon rolls be perfect for a new mom or new neighbors to welcome them? Their disposable bakeware is sturdy and has a non-stick surface. Plus they are earth friendly!


Printable Version

Ingredients (Cinnamon Rolls)
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. butter or shortening (I used butter)
3 c. scalded milk* instructions below
1 c. potato flakes
1 Tbsp. salt
4 eggs
1 Tbsp. SAF Instant Yeast or 2 Tb Fleishmann's yeast (I used SAF)
7 c. flour
*1/3 c. additional butter, softened
1 C. brown sugar
cinnamon
chocolate chips, raisins, or nuts (optional)

Vanilla Bean Frosting Ingredients
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup heavy cream or half and half
1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or just use vanilla extract)
1 1/4 cups confectioner's sugar

Directions


  • Heat a medium sauce pan over medium heat and add the milk. Cook until the edges begin to foam and froth, but do not allow it to boil. There will be a little layer of the milk "skin" on top.
  •  Remove from heat and add the sugar, shortening or butter, potato flakes and salt. 
  • Stir thoroughly and allow to cool to lukewarm.
  •  Add the yeast, stir and then add the eggs, stirring until they are mixed in. 
  • Place the flour in a large bowl. 
  • Pour the milk mixture in and stir until the dough has come together, but is still soft. Sometimes I only use like 6- 6 1/2 cups of flour. This is not like bread dough. It is slightly sticky dough. 
  • Cover the bowl with a towel or saran wrap. 
  • Let dough rise for one hour.
  •  Push down and divide dough into 2 parts. 
  • Roll out one portion at a time to 1/2" thick and butter the surface of the dough with a few pats of butter.
  • Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon and optional toppings.
  • Roll up starting with the long side; pinch seam to seal. 
  • Using string or floss, cut into 1 inch sections.
  •  Place about 1 inch apart on lightly greased cookie sheet and cover with a towel.
  •  Let rise for 1-2 hours more or until doubled in size. 
  • Bake at 350 until golden brown, 14-20 min. 
  • Beat together the butter and powdered sugar. 
  • Add the cream and vanilla; beat until smooth.
  • Frost cinnamon rolls.



Chinet Bakeware®


Check out Chinet on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment