Pages

.

Chocolate Cupcakes with OREO Buttercream


 Hello foodie friends! I'm Holly from the food blog Life as a Lofthouse! I am so stoked to be here today, while Mandy takes care of her new little bundle of joy! When she asked me to guest post for her I was more than happy to oblige. 


  I had to think hard about what recipe I was going to share today. Mandy's blog is filled with all sorts of deliciousness, so I did not want to disappoint her awesome readers.
I decided to go with...
 Chocolate Cupcakes with OREO Buttercream!
 Mmmmm! So. good.
  I made these cupcakes for my son's second birthday party last year, and they were a HUGE hit! If you're an Oreo lover these cupcakes are for you! Even if you're not an Oreo fan (which I haven't met one yet) these cupcakes are for you! They are creamy, dreamy, Oreo heaven!
  Just try not to eat all the Oreo buttercream before you frost the cupcakes... like I almost did  : /


Ingredients
Hershey's 'Perfectly Chocolate' Cupcakes:


2 cups sugar
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa

1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water


Oreo Buttercream:

1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 Tablespoons milk or heavy cream

4 cups powdered sugar
16 Oreos, finely crushed (I used my food processor)


DIRECTIONS (Cupcakes): 
  • Heat oven to 350 degrees. 
  • Line 30 muffin cups with paper bake cups, set aside.
  • Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. 
  • Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. 
  • Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin) 
  • Fill cups 2/3 full with batter. 
  • Bake 20-22 minutes, or until tooth-pick insterted comes out clean. 
  • Cool cupcakes completely before frosting.
DIRECTIONS (Frosting): 
  • In a large bowl cream butter, vanilla and milk.
  •  Slowly add in powdered sugar until creamy and fluffy. 
  • Mix in crushed Oreos until well combined. 
  • Frost cupcakes!





You can like Life as a Lofthouse on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment