Pages

.

{No Bake} Chewy Granola Bars

So I have kinda let my snacky side take over during this pregnancy. And not the most healthy kind of snacking. We're talking my favorite candy bars and my favorite ice cream
But these granola bars are something I don't feel guilty about snacking on. 
They are chewy are you can make them any way you like.
Add nuts or dried fruit or M & M's or whatever you want. 
Make them yours.
Preston really likes them and puts one in his backpack every morning to eat while he rides the bus. 


Ingredients
2 C. rolled oats
1 C. crispy rice cereal
1/2 C. chopped dried fruit of your choice (I found strawberry flavored cranberries and they are so good.)
1/2 C. chopped nuts of your choice
1/4 C. butter
1/2 C. brown sugar
1/4 C. honey
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 C. mini chocolate chips

Directions
  • Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish or lay parchment paper in it like I did.
  • Mix rolled oats, rice cereal, dried fruit, and nuts together in a large bowl. 
  • Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. 
  • Add brown sugar, honey, and vanilla extract. 
  • Whisk until sugar is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes.
  •  Pour over oat mixture; stir to combine.
  • Spread oat mixture into prepared baking dish. 
  • Press chocolate chips into top.
  •  Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
  • Cut into 12 bars





I individually wrapped them in plastic wrap so they could be grabbed easily. You can also substitute 1 C. steel cut oats for 1 C. rolled oats if you more texture.


No comments:

Post a Comment