Pages

.

Butter Spritz Cookies


I recently received my great-grandmother's cookie press. I love it. I love that it was my great-grandma's and that I can use it with my kids. We had fun using all the different plates to make different shapes. They loved the butterfly and scotty dog. If you don't have a cookie press, get one! They aren't expensive like this one on Amazon. They are so much easier than cut out cookies. You can also use a pastry bag or ziploc bag to make these cookies.


Ingredients
2 1/4 C. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 C. butter
3 oz. cream cheese
1 C. sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. orange or lemon zest (optional)

Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
  • Sift together the flour, salt, and cinnamon; set aside. 
  • In a medium bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese. 
  • Add sugar and egg yolk; beat until light and fluffy. 
  • Stir in the vanilla and  zest.
  •  Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
  •  Fill a cookie press or pastry bag with dough, and form cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet. 
  • Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the cookies are golden brown on the peaks and on the bottoms. 
  • Remove from cookie sheets at once to cool on wire racks.
Here is my cookie press...

I couldn't see a year on it, but it's old. I like how they spelled "Cooky" on the box. This is better than any new one I could buy.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment