Pages

.

Raisin Filled Cookies {Totally Tasty Tuesdays}



These cookies are from my childhood. I loved them then, and I still do. Before I made these, I hadn't had them since I was little. Then I thought of them and called my mom for the recipe. One bite and it was like it hadn't been so long since I enjoyed them. They just make my mouth so happy.


Printable Version

Cookies:
2 c. sugar
1 c. shortening
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. lemon zest
1 c. buttermilk
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
5 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
Cream together the shortening, eggs, and sugar. Add the rest of the ingredients except the buttermilk. Mix together. Add buttermilk. Mix again. Roll out with a rolling pin 1/8" thick and cut into round shapes with cookie cutters. You will need two circles for each cookie.

Filling:
2 c. raisins
2 Tbsp. orange juice
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. flour
1 c. sugar
1 Tbsp. butter
1 1/2 c. boiling water
Stir all together and then add the boiling water. Put into a blender and process till smooth.
Fill one cookie with 2 tsp. filling and top with another cookie. Pinch edges closed with a fork. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.






 



No comments:

Post a Comment