Pages

.

Fowl Play aka Best Sandwich Ever!

I love The Greenery in Ogden, Utah. It is my favorite place to eat when I visit my family. My mom and I always go there; it is our place to eat. It is in a beautiful setting at the mouth of the Ogden Canyon and is right on the Ogden River. I just love it. Plus, the food is incredible. I also always order their Mormon Muffins. I got that recipe from their site and it tastes just like theirs. This sandwich is what I always order when I go there. On my last visit, I got to looking at it and decided I could make it myself. So I did. And this is exactly it! I was so excited to be able to have this sandwich whenever I want. It is called Fowl Play on their menu, but I just call it the best sandwich ever. Because it is.


Fowl Play from The Greenery
3 or 4 slices Deli Turkey
1/4 or 1/2 of an avocado
Sprouts
Swiss or Mozzerella Cheese
1 toasted Sesame Seed bun

Place a small griddle or skillet on the stove and heat to medium. Place the bun on it dry to toast it. Meanwhile, fold each slice of turkey in half and place next to each other on a microwave safe plate. Place slices of cheese on top and microwave for about 45 seconds or until melted. Place bottom bun on a plate and top with meat and melted cheese. Add avocado, sliced. I use a half of one, but do what you like. Top with sprouts. I use alfalfa, but again, use what you like. Broccoli, etc. Top with the other bun half. That is it! You don't need mayo or any other sauce. The advocado does the job. You will love it, if you like advocado and sprouts. Don't be afraid of the sprouts! They kinda taste like lettuce, only better. Let me know what you think...

No comments:

Post a Comment